Summer is here and in full swing! So you must check outsome of our favorite new drinks from BHG.com with over 25 recipes to help cool off during these hot days. So delish!
Here are our favorites!
Minted Mango Tea
Makes: 6 servings
Serving size: 8 ounce
Prep: 10 mins
Cool: 1 hr
‚Ä¢ 1 ?cup chopped refrigerated mango slices
‚Ä¢ 1 ?cup pineapple juice
‚Ä¢ 8 ?green tea bags
‚Ä¢ 2 ?mint sprigs
‚Ä¢ 4 ?cups boiling water
‚Ä¢ 1 – 2 ?tablespoons sugar
‚Ä¢ ?Ice cubes
1. Place the chopped mango and pineapple juice in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate the pureed mixture.
2. Meanwhile, in a large glass bowl, pour boiling water over the tea bags and mint sprigs. Cover and let steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags and mint sprigs. Cool, covered, for 1 hour. Chill for 2 hours.
3. Transfer the chilled tea to a 2-quart pitcher; add the pureed mango mixture and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
4. To serve, pour the tea mixture into ice-filled glasses. Garnish each glass with an additional mango slice and a pineapple star. Makes 6 (8-ounce) servings.
Hit-the-Spot Lemon Water
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
Prep: 15 mins
Chill: 1 hr to 8 hrs
‚Ä¢ 4 ?lemons, sliced
‚Ä¢ 1 1/2?cups firmly packed fresh mint or basil leaves
‚Ä¢ 6 – 8 ?cups bottled water or tap water
‚Ä¢ 6 – 8 ?cups ice cubes
‚Ä¢ ?Fresh mint or basil sprigs
1. Place lemon slices in a large pitcher. Carefully rub the 1-1/2 cups mint leaves between the palms of your hands to slightly bruise the leaves. Add to the pitcher with lemon. Pour in water. Cover and chill for 1 to 8 hours.
2. Strain lemon-water mixture. Discard herbs. Divide lemon slices and additional fresh mint or basil sprigs equally among 6 to 8 tall glasses or pint-sized canning jars. For each serving, add 1 cup of ice cubes; fill with the lemon water. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Makes: 12 servings
Prep: 20 mins
Chill: 2 hrs to 24 hrs
‚Ä¢ 2 ?2 liter bottle ginger ale, chilled
‚Ä¢ 1 ?cup blueberries
‚Ä¢ 1 ?lemon, thinly sliced and seeded
‚Ä¢ 1 ?lime, thinly sliced and seeded
‚Ä¢ 2 ?tablespoons crystallized ginger
1. Divide one bottle of the ginger ale between two half-gallon jars or pitchers. Add 1/2 cup of the berries, half the lemon slices, half the lime slices and 1 tablespoon of the ginger to each jar. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. (If chilling more than 2 hours, add the lemon and lime slices only 1 to 2 hours before serving. Citrus adds a slightly bitter flavor after 2 hours.)
2. Just before serving, fill jars with ice. To serve, fill each glass half full with the blueberry mixture and ice; fill glass with chilled ginger ale for fizz. Makes 12 servings.
Find your favorite, sit back, relax and take a sip of these fab summer-tini’s!
The Ladies of Intertwined Events
We are proud to announce that Intertwined has won “The Knot Best of Weddings” and Wedding Wire’s “Bride’s Choice Award” for 2011 & 2012!