I had food poisoning of some sort that literally brought me to my knees all night. Now, I am usually one that likes to look at the positive and kept telling myself this was the one stomach flu I had been waiting for to get me to my goal weight…but still, not a good night! Morning dawns and I think, alas, a new day, it has to be better than the last. NOPE!
Both my car and the bf’s don’t start, two new interns starting in an hour and Camp starts in a day‚ÄîGod, you are just being mean! Ok, get one car jumped; get another car to the mechanic. $1500 later to fix it and I get to work to find nasty emails from people telling me how poorly I do my job. ENOUGH ALREADY! Where is a hole for me to crawl in? I am already over 2010. Until…
I get one of those, usually lame, chain email letters from a dear friend. I am thinking “why is she wasting what little time I have left today with this garbage,” totally not her style. But in a move that is SO NOT MY STYLE, I actually open it and read it. And, of course, it was exactly what I needed to hear, at the exact moment I needed to hear it.
So, indulge me as I share these simple words of wisdom with you as I hope they bring you the calm and clarity for a better tomorrow:
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants…
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…..
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Love heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
*As with all good chain letters, I have no idea where this came from or who authored it but they do have my sincere thanks.
40. Dream Big.