Congrats! You are engaged! Now what?? The task of planning your wedding can seem overwhelming, but if you take it step by step and enlist the right professionals it will be a breeze, dare we say, evenfun!!
- Announce the engagement!
- Hire yourwedding planner- Intertwined Events! *Hint, hint!
- Arrange for both families to formally meet (if they haven’t already)
- Decide on a tentative date, research and visit locations (Be flexible with your date/day to get the best venue/value)
- Research caterers, florists, photographers, videographer
- Choose and ask wedding party
- Get your engagement photos done
- Send Save-the-Dates so that out of town guest can make reservations
- Look into Honeymoon locations – Contact Ever After Honeymoons to handle all your planning!
- Select caterer and florist
- Review bands or Djs for entertainment
- Book entertainment
- Begin trying on wedding dresses
- Select bridesmaid’s dresses
- Book photographer and videographer
- Select 3 hotels for guest to book at
- Choose officiant and discuss ceremony ideas
- Research wedding invitations styles and proper wording
- Decide on a baker for wedding cake
- Discuss menu with caterer
- Shop for wedding rings
- Confirm bridesmaids and groomsmen outfits
- Confirm dates for bridal shower, bachelorette party, etc.
- Reserve rentals
- Finalize guest-list and submit invitations for order
- Schedule last minute tasting to finalize menu
- Look at joint bank accounts, insurance policies, and merging finances
- Select music for ceremony and reception
- Finalize rehearsal dinner
*8 Weeks – Send invitations
- Have your final fitting for any alterations
- Begin writing vows
- Write thank-you notes from bridal shower gifts
- Research how to get marriage license
- Begin teeth whitening
- Finalize jewelry and bridal accessories
- Practice first dance with bridal shoes
- Confirm honeymoon, travel arrangements, passports
- Get marriage license
- Pick-up wedding rings
- Meet with makeup artist and hair dresser to finalize wedding look
- Have final wedding grown fitting
- Finalize wedding day-of schedule with planner/vendors
- Pick-up wedding dress
- Get hair colored/trimmed
- Confirm guest headcount
- Pack for honeymoon and wedding night
- Prepare wedding box with guest book, toasting flutes, cake topper, cake cutting tools, programs, menus, etc.
- Finalize seating arrangement
- Prepare escort cards
- Prepare payment and tip envelopes for vendors
- Get manicure, pedicure, and massage
- Prepare wedding dress and accessories
- Rehearse ceremony + Rehearsal Dinner
While this is a rough guidline to help you stay on track, remember your Wedding Planner is there to help you every step of the way and with all the details!
The Ladies of Intertwined Events